Saturday, June 13, 2015

Picture Journey! Letter from April 20, 2015

Mommy!
This new area is pretty insane. I haven't been this tired since the beginning of my mission! Whew... so exhausted. We cover a ward in Emmett, a ward in Sweet, a branch in Horseshoe Bend, and a branch in Garden Valley. Here, let me take you through our day to day...
Monday- Preparation day in Emmett. 
Tuesday- In the morning, we wake up at our house in Emmett, get ready and study, and then we drive 30 minutes to Horseshoe Bend. We work there during the day, and then we go to bed at a different member's house. 
Wednesday- Same routine in the morning. Then we drive 45 more minutes to Garden Valley! We work there for the day, and then we spend the night. We live with a different member every night we go there. 
Thursday- Same routine... and then we drive an hour and work in Sweet! We work there during the day and then that night we drive back to Emmett and sleep.
Friday- District meeting in Emmett and then we work in Emmett all day.
Saturday- Still in Emmett.
Sunday- We'll be rotating each Sunday. This last Sunday we went to church in Sweet and then worked in Sweet, next week will be Horseshoe Bend. Then we drive back to Emmett to go to bed.
So, yeah. Lots of driving. And our days are PACKED. There's absolutely NO down time- which is partly nice, because I LOVE working! But I'm just so tired... I wake up as tired as I was when I fell asleep. Grrrr.
Garden Valley and Horseshoe Bend just had Elder's covering that area and... to be honest... the Elder's did absolutely nothing. Just bein' honest. So there's nothing going on in the ward, so we have a LOT to catch up on. 
We're not really teaching too many people in these areas. 
I didn't realize how much of a "go, go, go" kind of missionary I was until this area. I just have such a big desire to work! And work HARD! The Lord can't do His work until we're out there doing it because we are His hands. It's hit me how little time I have left and I just want to work until I dieeee. 

Sister Gubler


Okayyyy... Let me take you on a little journey. :D

Here in Idaho, people like to give us CRAZY directions. We were on our way from our house in Horseshoe Bend to our house in Garden Valley and this is what direction we were given over the phone!
Sister Colby proceeded to draw a map as the direction were given. Isn't it beautiful?!
We were told to go down the highway until we reach mile marker 78.... (Whoa! There it is!)




After we found mile marker 78, we would go just a little bit further until we reached the bridge where the 2 rivers cross!
FOUND IT!


Take that bridge and then turn right onto Banks Lowman Highway.... (Wow! Look at that view!)




We decided to stop along the highway and take some pictures :) 


Drive until you reach the 8 mile marker... and then you'll come to a bridge!!



Turn left onto Middle Fork Road and continue down until you see an old red barn with a silver roof and an old white/gray house. 



They lived on an Elk Ranch! Look for the sign with an old bridge... then cross the bridge.... 

The end of the bridge will have a HUGE iron elk... That's them! keep going!
Is THIS the house?? We thought we'd knock and see.....



Nope... But we found it!!!

Our prize when we got to the end??

ELK JERKY AND 2 DOLLARS!!!! (The people we stayed with gave us each a dollar because I guessed when he graduated from BYU.... haha! 1964! They told me that I should take up gambling ;) )


My first letter while in Emmett!!! Came on Saturday. Day made!



No comments:

Post a Comment