Saturday, June 13, 2015

June 8, 2015

APRIL AND TOM ARE GETTING BAPTIZED! 
They quit smoking cold turkey last week. They're getting their baptismal interview on Tuesday night. I am so excited for them! They've been taking the lessons for about a year... it's been a long time comin'! Everyone here in Emmett pretty much knows them so we're hoping for a full house. :)

Gospel Essential (a.k.a. Gospel Deep Doctrine)
Okay... in Gospel principles classes (notice I said PRINCIPLES) the missionaries always joke around about when members accidentally bring up deep doctrine. Except for this time I ACTUALLY HAPPENED! The teacher talked about kolob, the 7 arch angels, the apocrapha, the book of enoch, god's time, the geography of Moses and Egypt, different kinds of angels (physical, spiritual, etc), and about the holy ghost getting a body... Yeah. It was interesting. I was appalled. 
And if we say anything about the teaching style to the ward mission leader, he freaks out on us. Super defensive. Yeah. It was an interesting Sunday in Emmett. 

16 MONTH MARK
I can't believe I've hit 16 months. This is insane. Yep. That's pretty much all I have to say about that one. Hahahahaha

Zone Conference- Ti-Wi's.   Well, I sang in zone conference again. I don't think I've ever not sang in one. haha! But yeah. And we also got "black boxes" in our cars. (They're officially known as Ti-Wi's) They monitor our driving and make sure that we're not speeding, driving recklessly, or leaving the mission boundaries. 





Sooo... this is our "workout or else" motto... And when they were putting the black boxes in our cars Brother Sweet wrote on it. We don't know who he is... but it was funny.



Photos from zone conference....


Sister Fox and Sister Pritchard


Sister Miller and I 


                                                                 Elder Haws 

 Elder Riddle and Elder Rogers 
Elder Payne and Elder Rogers



Looking for People to Teach.... YEP. Our teaching pool is dryin' up. Tracting it is! Maybe I'll actually have some stories for next week.

Sorry my emails have been so lame. We've literally been doing the same exact thing every week. Every day. So there's nothing new to report.


District Service
Mom... Oh my gosh! I laughed so hard! You're really asking me about cute centerpieces? We pretty much just eat outside most of the time (bbq) or they just have the tables set up with the butter, salt and pepper, and water. hahahaha We're pretty lame. 

Sister Gubler

Sister Clark is going home at the end of this transfer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment