Sunday, February 22, 2015

Long Week....Again! Letter from January 26, 2015



We had our highest number of lessons so far this week. New record! You'd think that, with that news, I'd have something to talk about this week. But I really don't... Haha! It was a long week.

Voda. We had a lesson with her and committed her to keep the Sabbath Day holy. Having lessons with her is so fun, because she's already following everything that she should be! She had already told all of the companies that she had applied at that she wouldn't work on Sundays. She's awesome. Her son comes home on February 10th and she's SO excited for all of us to have a lesson together- I am too!

Billy. We committed Billy to baptism on February 28th! It's kind of been an inner battle for my companion and I though. Billy has a severe learning disorder, so it takes us reviewed material 3 times before it even remotely sticks in his memory. But he comes to church regularly (if reminded) and he's living the way that he needs to. He WANTS to be baptized! It'll just take forever to get through the lessons with him.

Shantel. A new investigator. We taught her lesson 1 on Wednesday morning and it was pretty interesting. She agrees so quickly with everything that we teach and agrees that it makes sense and talks about how amazing the gospel is. But once we commit her to do anything, she puts up a wall and says, "I'm not going to change over night. I like my church." Sooo, we're kind of thinking she just likes to visit.

We did service at the Elgin Opera House this week. We painted the backdrop to their set. I don't know what it is, but there's a feeling of relief when I walk into that place. I think I miss my musical theater days. Haha. A lot of non-members volunteer there and the owner is a member of the Elgin Ward. So whenever we go, he gets us working with non-members that he's been talking to about the gospel. It's pretty great!

We did a musical number in the Elgin Ward yesterday. :) It was originally going to be just me- my companion refused. But after some pushing, we got her to sing with me! Yay! We sang Abide With Me; Tis Eventide. It was simple- last minute- but really great! I love it when my companions say, "But I can't sing!" and then the next thing they know, I've pulled them in front of a hundred people to sing a duet. :) Best thing ever.

And guess who my new Sister Training Leader is- SISTER MILLER. YUS! I love her. And I totally saw that one coming. If anyone asks, I just tell them she was made STL because I taught her everything she knows. haha

AND I FOUND MY CAMERA!!!! I found it literally minutes before I was going to buy a new one. Miracle.

Sister Gubler

No comments:

Post a Comment