Sunday, February 22, 2015

December 15, 2014 letter



Hey familia!

I haven't gotten the letter from Ryan- but S. Miller probably has it for me back in Parma. She'll bring it to me on Wednesday at Zone Conference.
Sorry I didn't send Dad a birthday card- because of transfers the day was pretty hectic. But tell him that I love him and happy birthday!

We did a lot of tracting this week. We've been trying to get our area book organized because it's just full of a ton of different names, addresses, random information, blank teaching records, etc. By the time we're done with this area, the next missionaries are going to be so grateful for us. haha! But it's been keeping us super busy.

We tracted into this guy named George the other day. He lives right next to a part member family in the ward. Anyways, we were just chatting with him (I was cracking jokes like I always do haha) and he said that he'd love to attend church with us! SWEET. We gave him the address and the time, got his number, and hopefully we'll be going back this week to see him. That was pretty cool.

I'm loving Oregon. No one has really heard about the church here- which is actually kind of nice. They don't have all of these already-formed opinions about the church and the people there. So they get to learn THE TRUTH about who we are and what we believe. It's AWESOME. I love it! And the people here are SO receptive! Most of the time on my mission, we've just had to stop by peoples houses and hope that they're home. But HERE.... MY GOODNESS! I'm thoroughly convinced that this is Zion!... we end up calling a whole list of people that we need to contact and they ALL CALLED US BACK and set up appointments!! We literally had our entire day full on Saturday- no breaks in between appointments. It was AMAZING. I just crashed at the end of the day! YES! La Grande has brought a whole new level of stress- GOOD stress. :)

Being all the way in outer darkness (aka La Grande) has proven quite difficult. We had a zone meeting this week (just the missionaries in the zone got together) and we had to drive AN HOUR to get there. My goodness. And we have a Christmas Zone Conference this week in Caldwell, ID... which will probably take about 3 hours to get to. We'll probably have to drive up the night before and then stay the night with some other missionaries. But yeah, we're super far away from ANYTHING. The furthest away Sisters in the ENTIRE mission.

We traveled to Elgin this week and BOY it is ALL mountains. It's so beautiful. I worry about traveling up there when it's snowing though... Me+driving in the snow= SCARED COMPANION. hahaha! (Don't worry, I actually drive pretty okay. We just don't have a 4 wheel drive vehicle.)

A little about my companion:
 She's totally awesome. A super obedient and diligent missionary. The one thing she's taught me is that there's always a "better and best way" to do things. So I've been working on being my best self.
A little about the wards:
 Everyone here is SO friendly! They've made us feel so welcome since day one. We get calls all the time from ward members just wanting to introduce themselves and offer service to us. It's so nice. I love it here!

Sister Gubler


No comments:

Post a Comment