Sunday, March 29, 2015

WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! Letter from March 2, 2015

What a crazy awesome week! I can't even begin to explain how amazing this week was!

Sister Broadhead and I are both staying in La Grande for another transfer. We're both pretty excited about it. There's a lot of things happening. In Sister Broadhead's words: "Okay. Since we're both staying for a 3rd transfer together, we're going to be best friends now. So I'm going to tell you all my life stories." HAHAHAHAHA! And she proceeded to tell me... ALL her life stories.


I got to sing for L. Tom Perry! (And it went awesome!)
    We were able to shake Elder Perry's hand, Elder Brent Nielsen's hand, and HUG Sister Marriott. It was epic. And I got there early enough that I was able to sit in the FRONT ROW of the chapel. You know what that means, Elder Perry made eye contact with me and looked deep into my soul. Elder Perry talked a lot about companions- how we need to love them and keep in contact for the rest of our lives. Sister Marriott shared her conversion story- which was awesome. And Elder Nielsen talked about how we need to ACT and not be acted upon- how we need to invite our investigators to do SOMETHING. After the conference, Elder Perry came down the stairs and thanked Sister Lyman and I for our musical number, told us that it was fabulous, and encouraged us to sing on street corners in order to find new investigators. Haha! Elder Perry is a funny man. :)





Billy got baptized!
    We had to drive back from Nampa (which is about 3 hours) so by the time we made it to the church building it was 7:25pm (and the baptism was going to start at 7:30). Yeah. I was a little stressed out. Haha! And as we were walking in, it dawned on me that we hadn't chosen anyone to play the piano.... Dang it. So I playedddd the pianooooo.... Hahahaha. I was terrified. MORTIFIED. But it went well. Everyone sang loud enough that you could barely hear the piano anyways. Luckily "I Am A Child of God" and "I Know My Father Lives" aren't too difficult to sight read. Haha. The people of Elgin are so nice to me. Anyways- yeah, that happened. REID, CHASE, RYAN- PRACTICE YOUR PIANO! Billy was SO excited! He was beaming from ear to ear the entire night. As he was walking towards the font, he made sure to walk passed us and give us a big wave. (Cutest thing ever.) Stake Conference was this Sunday, so Billy has to wait until the 8th to be
confirmed.



Voda committed to being baptized on March 14th!
    We invited Voda to come to Billy's baptism, and she came! She really felt the spirit. After the baptism we went up to Voda and joked with her a bit, "Are you ready for your baptism next week?!" And she came back saying that she IS ready! She wants to be baptized on March 14th so that she can be confirmed on her birthday (March 15th). YAY! If you remember, she was going to wait for her son, Dustin (the one that just got out of prison)... but he's not really putting forth much effort right now and his probation is going to last another 18 months AT LEAST. So she said, "I'm ready! He's not! And I don't want to wait!" haha! So she's getting baptized soon!
    She even paid tithing on Sunday! We informed her that she didn't have to do that until she got baptized, but she told us, "But I have money! I just got paid! Might as well start now!" haha! And she told us that, after the baptism, she went home and threw out the rest of the coffee that she had. AWESOME. She's golden.

George told us how much he loves church!
    We've had three lessons with George this week. Mostly because the members have been setting them up- dinners, appointments, drop by's, etc. Haha. It's the funniest thing... But it's a little much. ;) Just being honest. They are SO EXCITED. Overly excited. And Sister Broadhead and I are just like, "CALM DOWN PEOPLE!" It's been rough. haha! This whole situation has me rolling on the floor laughing. Most of the time we have to beg the members to get involved... but, in this case, we're having a hard time asking them to back off a little bit. It's a weird thing for a missionary to do. haha! But George has a hard time around new people. So, when we have a lesson, we can't really ask him any personal questions because he just says, "I'll talk to you two about that later." and then we have to go to his house (just the two of us) and talk on his doorstep about his problems. Yeah. It's been tricky. I don't blame him. But we need to figure out a better way to do this.

Dave Stewart may have possibly gone to the temple already! (From Kuna)
     Just some information I hear at mission conference. Yeah. I got really excited. Haha!

I dressed as a flower for a lesson!

     We were teaching Bush about Alma 32- so I dressed up as a seed and then proceeded to bloom into a flower. Haha! Hopefully he never forgets that. ;)

And Little Caesar's is making a BACON WRAPPED PIZZA!
     Day made.

Best. Week. Ever.

Sister Gubler


I'M A PUMPKIN PRINCESS.




No comments:

Post a Comment