Sunday, March 29, 2015

Voda got baptized! Letter from March 16, 2015

I SO appreciate the letters that the boys wrote to me! My mailbox has been collecting spider webs (literally)... By the time I go home I probably won't be receiving any mail! haha! 

Voda got baptized this weekend! I could end my mission today and be totally satisfied! The Lord wasn't lying when he said "Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people. And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!" (D&C 18:14-15). It was a wonderful experience. Not too many people came... but all 3 of her (non-member) daughters were there to support her. She was so touched by her baptism- as well as the confirmation. It was touching to see her stand up after the confirmation and have to wipe her tears off with her scarf. My (missionary) life was then complete in that moment. Voda will one day be a YW president! A Relief Society president! She'll work with the primary! She'll impact everyone around her! I still can't believe that I've been assisting in teaching her since day 1... inviting her to take the discussions, inviting her to church, inviting her to baptism, inviting her to live the word of wisdom... Her growth in the gospel has been extraordinary! I hope to continue to find those who are prepared for the gospel- as Voda was. :)

Not much else happened this week... well, nothing that's as amazing as Voda's baptism!


Taking pictures while filling the fonttttt.... Is that allowed? hahahaha


Billy is still going strong now that he's been baptized for 2 weeks! :) What a great guy!

Oh... and we found a new investigator named Brooke... She told us about how there's an evil spirit in her neighbors house (Jerry- another new investigator, by the way) but that we shouldn't worry because she already smudged every corner of the house and talked to the spirit using her pendulum. Yeah. We have a lesson with her tonight, so it should be interesting. ;)

We're in the process of trying to find new investigators. So pray with us that we'll find those people who are ready to hear the gospel and ACT on the message that they receive!

As Preach My Gospel says... Nothing happens in missionary work until you find someone to teach.
This is as city as our mission gets. Right here. Sitting in the town square. haha!

Misty was SUPER nice and bought me a wallet with a KOALA on it!!!!


Sister Broadhead and I getting ready for a day of work! 




Sister Gubler

No comments:

Post a Comment