Sunday, October 12, 2014

Conference Weekend!

Letter from October 6, 2014

Hello everyone! :)


I FINALLY got around to writing all of the boys a letter. I sent it today, so it should get there in about a week.

Displaying 100_1558[1]
It was my 8 month mark yesterday!!! Please excuse how I'm STILL in my pj's in the picture... 
I'm lazy at 7 am  hahaha

One of the weaknesses that I have is being able to defend what I feel is right. For one thing, I HATE debating and arguing. But sometimes I just FEEL that doing something, or seeing someone, is the right thing to do at the time... And it's a hard thing to explain to companions or leaders- especially when you're questioning your productivity. We have been trying to teach Anna again for a long time, but she hasn't really been interested in talking to us about the gospel or hearing anything about The Book of Mormon. It's been frustrating. But I felt that we shouldn't stop contact with her just yet... Feeling that she would come around eventually. We've spent many weeks quilting with her (making scripture book covers and quilts), not even bringing up the gospel except to say, "Did you go to church this weekend?" or "What have you been reading in the Bible lately?" I just, personally, didn't feel that it was time yet... but that we needed to keep visiting with her. WELL! She had us over for dinner on Tuesday night and while there we were able to have a GREAT spiritual discussion! She had Arvin (her foreign exchange student) move in a few weeks ago (he's from Iran and is a strong Muslim) and, since then, she has been really curious and very accepting of hearing other religions!  We were able to share about the three degrees of glory and about judgement. It was awesome! And it was even better to see what was once just a slight spiritual impression turn into a great teaching moment. :)

We did service this week at the church's fruit orchard in Caldwell! We sorted pears for 5 hours... haha! It was actually a lot of fun! We took Hansen (a recent convert) with us and she really enjoyed doing service. :)

We were able to watch "Meet the Mormons" this week! :) Each mission got a screening of the film so that the missionaries could get a preview. And, let me tell ya, it's AMAZING. Such a good movie! You start off laughing your face off and then, by the end, it's such a spiritual experience that you're almost in tears. They did such a great job with it. They originally made the film to go into visitors centers around the U.S., but after putting it into focus groups (made of non-members) 75% of the people said that , from the movie, they would be willing to listen to LDS Missionaries! Isn't that awesome?! It's such a great movie to invite your friends to go and see. :)

General Conference!!! LOVED IT! I can't even pinpoint my favorite part. The entire thing was just great! It was way too short though... Can we have 5 more sessions? ;)

Pictures to come!
Sister Gubler

I got this ring from the Ward Mission Leader in Nampa- to remind me of how great my mission was.

More exchanges! With Sister Thomas (our STL, also one of my favorite people). We found these CRAZY outfits in the back of their closet... haha FASHION SHOW!

Displaying 100_1504[1]Displaying 100_1505[1]

Displaying 100_1509[1]Displaying 100_1516[1]


The scripture book cover that I made with Anna.

The picture that Ryan send me is safely inside. :)

Displaying 100_1556[1]Displaying 100_1555[1]


I saw Sister Sleigher! :D Seriously one of my favorite people :)

Sister Miller and I... This is right before she left to go to the temple!

Exchanges in Nampa for the day- with Sister Anderson (from SC- on the left) and Sister Clemons. We're making pies. :) 
Displaying 100_1494[1]Displaying 100_1496[1]


Displaying 100_1528[1]




Displaying 100_1500[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment