Monday, May 12, 2014

Yay for Mommies Everywhere!

Hello big, wide, wonderful world! 

I skyped home yesterday. It was wonderful. As always, not enough time, but it was still a blessing to see everyone.

Today was transfers. I'm staying in Kuna for another transfer! YAY! This will make 4.5 months in Kuna (after the transfer is done). Good thing I love it here. :) And I'm now with my new companion, Sister Sleigher (Sly-Ker), who is totally amazing. She is so positive and an extremely hard worker. We've already tossed some ideas around for how we want to make things work here in the ward. And- a huge bonus- she is GREAT at talking to people! YAY! YAY! YAY! I'm excited to see what this transfer will bring- there's still 6 more weeks left. haha I'm trying not to get too ahead of myself.

But with this new transfer, I am officially NOT A GREENIE anymore! Thank goodness! I'm done with my 12 weeks of training. And I feel AWESOME. So, instead of leaving the house at noon every day, we now will be leaving at 10 am! (This is both a curse and a blessing.) This means that we have an extra 2 hours to fill our day with totally righteously sweet stuff, but also that we can get more done in a day. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. Tracting all the time!!!!!

Grandpa Welker. Oh my goodness. The cutest old man to walk the face of the planet. Did I ever tell all of you how he calls me "Peanut"? After "Goober Peanuts"? Well, yeah, he's awesome. He always tells me: "If a boy ever breaks your heart, you can say that there was one man who always loved you- and it's me." He is seriously the best. He invited us over for dinner with him on Friday night and he made all of our favorite foods- steak, sweet potatoes, salad, sparkling cider. He used his wife's fancy china and polished EACH AND EVERY piece of silverware BY HAND. He set up a nice tablecloth with a centerpiece and pulled out our chairs for us. He is always telling us how he loves us like we're his daughters. So sweet. He put his business card on each of our plates so that we would never forget him and that we would be able to write him each week. Cutest guy ever. I felt so loved and appreciated.

Okay, I didn't think I was going to write about this, but not much happened this week so I'll write about it anyways!
As a missionary, NEVER SIT BEHIND AN ENGAGED COUPLE AT CHURCH! Oh my goodness. That was the absolute worst thing EVER! So awkward! There's a young guy in our ward that got home from his mission about 2 months ago and got engaged on Saturday. But we sat behind him and his fiance at church on Sunday...oh my goodness. Too many kisses and hugs!!!! I seriously couldn't even handle it! GROSS!!! COVER YOUR EYES!!!! Nah, it really wasn't that bad. Just the typical new engaged couple stuff. But, as a missionary, my eyes were burning. I felt so awkward. haha!

Have I ever talked about the Girdner family? I think I have. But they are a part member/ less active family in the ward. All the kids and the Dad aren't members. They have been saying that they'll come to church and that they really want to- and I believe them because all of the kids are attending activity days, scouts, and mutual- but the Mom doesn't have any church clothes to wear. The people in the ward have been awesome at bringing over clothes for the kids, so that wasn't an issue. But the Mom didn't have anything. So,Saturday night, I went through my skirts (as well as my companions) and we picked out a few choices that would be about her size and brought them over to her. Super nice, right? haha. But, anyways, she still wasn't at church. But now she doesn't have that excuse! Mwahaha! 

I hate excuses....

This week was more weeds, and weeds, and weeds. All day, every day. Not much else. We were pretty exciting.

At district meeting this Friday, as everyone was eating lunch, I found a room with a piano. Pianos totally freak me out. I see them and I just... get scared. That sounds silly, I know. But I worry about my future and my ability to play as a music teacher. I sat down at the piano and prayed really hard that Heavenly Father would bless me for being on a mission and that He would help me get through my piano classes when I got home. (Thinking back, I don't even know why I prayed about that. I still have 15 months left on my mission. It shouldn't be a big deal right now. But, whatever.) But after I prayed, I opened the hymn book and actually proceeded to play about 5 hymns, back to back, without missing a beat.... How that happened, I don't know. But it was an answer to my prayers. Am I able to play piano in my church meetings? No, not yet. I'm still working on it (as much as I can while being a missionary). But I know that Heavenly Father will help me out.

Oh my goodness... Did I really not have a very exciting week? Or maybe it's just that not a lot happened. I don't know. *Sigh* I apologize for the lame email! Maybe it's time for another Q and A session? haha.

How's everyone's "Missionary Monday" going? Any successes?

I just want to take a second and thank everyone for their letters and emails to me. I'm sorry that I can't reply as much as I'd like to, but I appreciate each and every one and I pour myself over them each time. Thank you, thank you!

Love you all! I pray for you always!

--Sister Gubler

No comments:

Post a Comment