Monday, July 28, 2014

#MissionaryMiracles

This week has been full of miracles! So many... And I don't feel worthy of all of them. But Heavenly Father is trusting me with His children.

The transfer is almost over. So, if letters are going to be coming to me AFTER Saturday, send them to the mission office. :) You never know where I'm going to beeeeee....

We had a 24th of July party on... well... the 24th. haha! But I think that was the first 24th celebration that I've ever been to. I had to ask my comp what we were celebrating. haha! I'm a terrible person. But we had a BBQ and a swim party at the public pool (obviously we didn't swim!). Sister Pritchard and I had invited a lot of different investigators and less actives. And a couple of them came! It was awesome! Yay for ward parties! :) Okay... but... there's something wrong with the Parma/Nyssa area. They love onions a little too much. There was onions in EVERYTHING. Onions in the chicken, onions in the salad, onions in the fruit, onions in the mac n cheese... It was weird. I'm trying not to judge.

We also had exchanges this week. So that was nice. I didn't have to plan anything for a 24 hour period of time. SO RELAXING.

Mariah was baptized Saturday
What a lovely day. There has been such a transformation in Mariah from the time that I met her to now- especially in the time since she was baptized on Saturday. She is blossoming! And I'm SO grateful for this ward. The baptism would not have come together if we didn't have the help from all of the ward members. 

Angel- She is totally progressing! We were really worried about her at the beginning of the transfer, but she is really embracing the gospel. She's invited her sister to each of the discussions that we have with her. She's reading her scriptures and praying every day. AND she's always getting on her husband about coming to church with her. It's awesome! 

We had 2 miracles at church yesterday! 

Rocky and Pentana- We met Rocky's brother, Richard, while tracting last week. And we had been going back and inviting them to activities and such. They came to the 24th of July party that we had invited them to! We were so happy to see them there! And so, on Saturday night at about 8:30 pm, we invited them to come to church the next morning (at 9 am). I totally wasn't expecting them to come, people rarely do... But as we were sitting in church... Rocky and his daughter Pentana walked in! Pentana is 7 years old and totally loved church. She was so excited for primary and made a TON of new friends! And Rocky came with us to Gospel Principles and then we sent him with our ward mission leader to go to Elders Quorum. He loved every second! He read along with all of the lessons and you could tell that he was really listening. It was awesome. We have an appointment with them next Friday :) And (hopefully) Rocky will be joining us for a service project Tuesday night.

Anne- Anne was this lady that we saw walk into sacrament meeting and sit with a lady from our ward. She totally looked like a member, so we didn't talk to her. But then we got to Relief Society and she introduced herself as a visitor (I'm still struggling to get to know the members in our ward- I have no idea who people are)... She said that she had lived here in Parma for a year- moved here after her husband passed away- and was just visiting different churches trying to find the right one. WHAT?! GOLDEN! We totally cornered her after Relief Society and have an appointment with her on Friday. :) YES! And she made a TON of friends with the ladies in the ward.

Random side note: I realized that I have a new pet peeve. I get so frustrated when people can't make decisions! I could care less if they make the wrong decision or the right decision. Just make a choice! Grrrrr. "Who do you want to bless your baby?" and then they take several weeks to get back to us... And every time we talk to them about it they were like, "Let me think about it." Ugh.
Yeah. Random venting moment.

Pictures to come! 

Yup yup.

--Sister Gubler















No comments:

Post a Comment