Monday, July 28, 2014

If you aren't clothed... why even come to the door? Seriously. Why?

From Sister Gubler's letter dated July 21, 2014:
Okay... we tried to do the whole "missionaries in a field" picture... But #1 it was a million degrees that day and I didn't do my hair or make up and I had to hide the hand that was holding the keys... Yeah. It didn't turn out.

This week just flew by so fast! Where did the time go?! The weeks are going by faster and faster!

Sister Pritchard and I feel AMAZING about how this week went. We didn't have a lot of appointments or a lot of lessons or find new investigators... but the people that we did see are progressing so much! And THAT is a wonderful feeling.

Mariah is set to get baptized on July 26th! That's Saturday, people! We are so pumped. This will be a great day for her. Sister Pritchard and I were talking the other day about how (for our first baptism) we always imagined feeling so successful. I imagined crying my guts out in joy for the investigator and feeling like I had worked so hard to get them to that point. I thought that I was going to feel like I was "their missionary". 

But that's not how it's supposed to feel.

Mariah was prepared for the gospel. Everything that happened in her life, good and bad, got her to this point. She is the happiest person that I have ever seen. Every lesson we taught and every commitment we extended, she was more than happy to accept. She was attending church before we even came into the picture. She is the LORD'S investigator. All of the work and success that I wanted to feel... I don't want to feel it- ever. All of that success goes to the Lord. Not to me. Not to my companion. To the Lord. And Mariah is 100% the Lord's.

Matthew came to church! YES! He finally came with Angel and he stayed for all 3 hours. :) We were so excited! He got along really well with the guys in Elder Quorum- and actually chatted with Dallas (Mariah's husband) for a little bit. They clicked pretty well actually. I think it's pretty safe to say that they're now best friends. haha! 

"Need a friend? Ask the missionaries! They can help!"

I heard about the flooding at BYU-ID!!! WHAT?!?!?! We went over to a member's house and she was showing us all sorts of videos and pictures. I was going crazy! MAN! I miss that place. And that would have been so much fun to be in. haha. I wonder how the Snow building held up.... If anyone has pictures, send them my way!

So, ya know that Pioneer concert that the Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcasted on BYUtv? Yup. We watched it. :) We watched it with this older couple in the ward. It was awesome. A great way to end the day. :)

The zone came in to Parma and we had another tracting blitz! Those things are so successful, let me tell ya. We got 11 referrals from it! It's going to be a busy week of contacting. :) 

And, to end my email, I just have a question....

If you aren't clothed... why even come to the door? Seriously. Why?

--Sister Gubler


This is Sister Guitierrez and Sister Ketring... Sister G fell asleep on our way home from interviews with President Cannon. I was driving, so I had Sis Ketring take the picture. hahaha BLACKMAIL!

 Here are some pictures from the 65th Anniversary party. They are so cute. I need to get a picture with the newly weds. I'll have that next week. :)
 I think I'm going to start a blog and call it "Cool Church Cars". Cause this seems to be turning out to be a weekly thing. :)
 I found a dinosaur in the church!
Look at how cute these kitties are!!
I made a salad... It's been a long time... But my companion was so amazed at it that she had me take a picture. haha (She only eats cereal and milkshakes.)
 Here's a picture of Boy's. 1 of 3 restaurants in Parma. They feed missionaries for free. :)
 The Thueson's had their 65th Anniversary party this weekend- and we helped make the decorations. Do you see how cute this T is?! I almost stole it.... Stash it away.... haha
 Do you see how small this bench is?!?!?! It was like a tiny park! haha
 We helped a member from the ward with her beans. But we started goofing off a little bit... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment