Tuesday, April 15, 2014

This week I had some time to reflect on my progress as a missionary

Hello all.




I'm sorry, but my letter this week will probably be shorter. I'm having a brain fail moment and I can't think of what to write about! Not too many exciting things were happening this week apparently. Those Q and A's would help out a lot with my letter writing. haha!

Mom, I got your package! Thank you so much! Sorry, it got to me last week and I forgot to write about it. Oops! :/ But thank you so much! I enjoyed it- as did my companions. We're not going to touch the chocolate until Easter. haha! But I really did enjoy reading of your testimony and your conversion story. Amazing!




Yep. You saw it. We have been given the great privilege of being on Facebook for 1 week- for the purpose of sharing the gospel and promoting the #BecauseOfHim Easter video that the church has created. I'm grateful for the time to be able to share the wonderful message of Easter and bear my testimony to everyone!
But after being on Facebook for 10 minutes... Yeah. Boring. I was done. haha. I'm not much of a fan anymore.

Okay, so, those that know me know that I do NOT care for animals. They're okay from a distance- I love the zoo. But I do not wish to touch them or have them near me. I just don't have that desire.... And THAT, my friends, is why the Lord sent me to Kuna, Idaho on my mission.
This week I have had the opportunity to: pet a peacock, a goat, a horse, hold a bunny, hold a new born puppy,


 help feed chickens, pet a cow, feed sheep, hold a 2 day old baby lamb, have millions of dogs sit on my lap... etc, etc, etc. And each time one of these occurrences happens, I care less and less about getting animal hair on me or catching one of their "diseases". Maybe that's why I was called to serve here? haha!







Missionary life is great- in the fact that Sisters are always doing clothing exchanges and members are always willing to give us free haircuts. Hence why in a lot of my pictures, you'll see that I'm wearing something new! haha. I PROMISE I'm not spending all of your precious tithing funds on clothes and hair cuts. :) But I do find that, as a missionary, even though we have a certain amount of money each month to spend, I don't spend anything! Maybe it's the college student inside of me... I'm so used to being poor. haha! But I never spend money... so all of the money that I DON'T use is being sent back to help the less fortunate missionaries in other parts of the world. Look at me! I'm helping others!

A family in the ward let us ride on their zip line that they have in the backyard! Sooo much fun. Especially since my companions haven't even been on one and they were terrified- but willing- to ride on it. Funniest thing to watch. :) I think I have pictures. :)







This week I had some time to reflect on my progress as a missionary. We went out to lunch with Sister Minert this week (we live with her) and I couldn't help but reflect back to my first day here in the field... Sister Minert had taken Sister Happy and I out to lunch at Panda Express. I remember saving the table while her and Sister Happy got in line for food. I remember having the overwhelming emotions running through me, and PRAYING that no one would talk to me while I was there. I didn't know what I would say! I didn't know how to talk about the church to people! I felt like I was going to cry and I wanted to run back home to my family....
But now... Here I was... out to lunch at a Mexican restaurant after 2 months of being a missionary. Still not very long. But I felt calm. I felt confident in my testimony of the gospel and of my Savior. Instead of hiding in fear, I PRAYED that someone WOULD talk to me about the gospel while I was there. The day before, I had approached a man by pulling up past his "No Trespassing" sign, walking across his lawn, and greeting him with a firm, fearless handshake! I had made so much progress! I couldn't help but say a silent prayer while sitting there in that Mexican restaurant to thank the Lord for helping me through this time in my life.

Another note of news: I was asked to sing again in church on Easter Sunday. I'll be singing "Consider the Lilies". :)

I hope that everyone is doing well. I love and appreciate you all and I thank you SO SO SO much for your letters and your emails. They really keep a missionary going. Some days are really rough... but when you come home to a letter, you remember how many people are supporting you and that you aren't alone. So, thank you. Love you all.

--Sister Molly Gubler


Photos:




Us doing service... Yeah, my head is barely popping out of the back of the picture. haha




We went tracting and met a guy that was selling peacocks! Albinos and the normal kind. Sister Keyser was kind enough to send her pictures to me... Since I'm lazy and always forget my camera. Plus, I was talking to the guy. So I was busy. :)




Every missionary has to have comp car pictures!




I got some new cute shoes! Aaaaand a skirt and a sweater. :) don't worry- Sisters were giving away the clothes. But I bought the shoes. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment