Saturday, February 8, 2014

Molly enters the Missionary Training Center! First letter!

Hello All!

The MTC is.... quite the experience so far. I'm not going to lie- this is the HARDEST THING I have EVER done. I literally sat in my bed the first night thinking, "What have I gotten myself into? This is 18 months!" But after much prayer- I know that I'm where the Lord wants me to be. I know that I'm going through the refiner's fire. The Lord has a much bigger purpose for me than what I know now. I came into the MTC thinking that I was hot stuff... but I was QUICKLY torn right down. BIG dose of humility. But, Sister Jay (one of the Sisters from our district) told me something awesome: "Humility isn't thinking less OF yourself- it's thinking less ABOUT yourself." I find myself focusing too much on my problems, emotions, faults and not listening to the spirit. That's been my biggest lesson so far. 

But our P-Day is Fridays and we have an hour to write- which doesn't add up to much in the end. We also haven't picked up any mail yet- but we'll be doing that today. :) I've enjoyed reading the cards from the family- yes, I'm following the instructions and reading one at a time! :) And thank you to Gideon and Alyssa for the card when they dropped me off. It made these first few days wonderful to know that there are people supporting this decision to serve. But- I want to send a special thank you to Reid for his letter. I read it last night, on my roughest night here at the MTC. Thank you for reminding me to look at the bright side of any situation. I carry that card with me in my scriptures and it is a constant reminder to me that I need to think positively. Love you, Reid!

My MTC companion is.... *drumroll* SISTER TYLER!- who is also serving in my mission. And, let me tell you, she is the bomb-diggity. Mom, are you sure that you didn't have a child 19 years ago and put her up for adoption? Cause I'm pretty sure she could be my sister. Everyone is always saying that we look alike. We take it as a compliment- because, of course, we're both beautiful. It's the spirit, what can we say. When we first saw each other- it felt like we had met before. But- NOPE. It was probably in the pre-existence. Sister Tyler and I are in a district of ALL SISTERS. Which I hear is pretty rare to happen. But we love it. These Sisters are amazing. They have such strong testimonies of the gospel. Half of us are going to Idaho and the other have are going to New Mexico. We met our branch last night and Sister Tyler and I were given an assignment for the 2 weeks that we are here. 

Sister Tyler and I were assigned to be Sister Training Leaders and District Leaders for our district. WHAAAA?! We are feeling very humbled to be asked to take this assignment. For those of you who don't know, we run district meetings and pick up the mail every day (SCORE!), interview the Sisters, report to the branch presidency about the Sisters, etc. And when the new Sisters come in on Wednesday, we'll have the opportunity to welcome them to the MTC and give them a tour around the grounds. Whew. Crazy life!

Time at the MTC STOPS. It doesn't just slow down. IT STOPS. But there's still not enough time in the day to get everything done. It's quite frustrating. But I love going to bed feeling like I've accomplished something and that I've grown from all that I've done. We've had the opportunity to teach investigators in a group setting- and Sister Tyler and I will teach our first investigator tonight- by ourselves. Please pray for us, that we can have the spirit with us as we teach, and also for our investigators, that the spirit will testify to them of the truthfulness of the gospel. We've only been here for 2 days... but it feels like eternity. Sister Tyler and I were talking about how we can feel a literally miracle happening to us and all of the missionaries. It's only been 2 days, but we feel like our testimonies have grown in crazy amounts. Only at the MTC would that be possible. We feel the "missionary smile" already when we talk to investigators about the church. It's so amazing to be here.

We had the opportunity to attend the temple this morning. What a great experience! What a strong spirit that is there! I encourage everyone to attend- if possible. I'm hoping to attach pictures at the end of this email, but we'll see if it works. Maybe I'll send them separately. :)

Just a few updates:
We can get skirts lengthened here for only .50 cents! WHOA! Awesome! And guys can get theirs fixed as well for the same price.
Also, we can get one haircut for free. Sweetness.
Free BYU icecream on Fridays!

I'm not sure what else to tell you- other than I am growing so much here at the MTC. I'm so excited to get in the field though! YAY NAMPA IDAHO! What would be super helpful is if you guys have questions, send them in a Q and A kind of format. :) I'll be sure to get back quickly. :)

I love and miss you all! I know that this gospel is true! I know that God is our Heavenly Father and that we are His children and that He loves us! I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that he atoned for the sins of the world! I know that the Book of Mormon is true! I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet who translated the Book of Mormon and restored this gospel on the earth today! I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet! I am SO excited to share the blessings of this gospel. I love you all!

Love,
Sister Gubler 

No comments:

Post a Comment